Customer Service Agent CD Parks and Recreation Part Time Benefited
null, Virginia, us
Company: Hanover County
Category: Office and Administrative Support Occupations
Published on 2021-10-21 19:15:07
General Description:This is a clerical position. The incumbent receives and researches inquiries and/or payments related to County services. Depending on the position level and the department, Customer Service Agents perform tasks with a range of difficulty from routine to complex.
Organization: The Customer Service Agent position is part of Hanover County’s Career Development Program (CD). The Customer Service Ladder has three (3) levels ranging from Customer Service Agent I to Senior Customer Service Agent. Incumbents report to a Customer Service Supervisor/Manager or an Office Supervisor. Senior Customer Service Agents may serve as workflow leaders to lower level Agents and/or clerical staff.
Essential Functions: duties may vary based on area of assignment
• Receives and processes inquiries and/or payments from the public.
• Reconciles payments and prepares bank deposits, invoices, etc.
• Researches and corrects payments histories and/or customer computer
• Schedules appointments as needed.
• Uses a computer to enter data, find information and/or adjust files.
• Performs related work as assigned.
• None Known
C. Physical Effort
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to interact positively with the public is required. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer literacy or skills preferably in Microsoft Office computer programs is desired. Basic knowledge of records maintenance and ability to maintain general office records. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with County officials, employees and the general public.
Education, Experience and Training: High school or equivalent required with at least one (1) year customer service experience preferred – OR – Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. Higher levels on the Career Ladder require additional education, experience and training.
• Criminal Records Check, including fingerprinting
• Twelve-month probationary period
• CPS (Child Protective Services) Check – DSS, CSB, Community Resources
and Court Services only
• Mandatory Participant in the Citizen Emergency Response On-call Plan
Revision Date: August 2009