- Prepares, examines, and analyzes accounting records and trends for refined products and/or crude oil business segment to assess accuracy, completeness, and compliance with accounting standards and internal reporting requirements.
- Identifies and recommends resolutions to issues that impact the accuracy and completeness of operational and accounting data.
- Analyzes, researches and provides recommendations for weighted average cost anomalies from our commodity accounting system, Right Angle.
- Assist Supervisor in the overall review of Right Angle in preparation for monthly closing of the system. Also serve as backup for final closing and all system maintenance in Right Angle.
- Communicates and consults with Commercial, Legal, IT, and Finance groups. Will play critical role from contract interpretation, to making sure our systems are setup to capture for accurate reporting.
- Performs a wide spectrum of moderately difficult assignments requiring alternative analysis, innovation and judgement.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports or analysis for internal management decision making related to commodity accounting.
- Performs routine accounting responsibilities including journal entry preparation and account reconciliations in accordance with GAAP.
- Bachelors or better in Accounting or Finance.
- At least three years of related work experience.
- Complex data analysis
- Right Angle
- Oracle Financials and Hyperion Essbase
- Experience utilizing management information systems
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate cross-functionally on diverse work teams.
Additional requirements: The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English with co-workers, supervisors, internal and external customers; the ability to work in stressful conditions; the ability to adapt and respond in changing circumstances; the ability to use a personal computer with the Windows® operating system to complete time sheets, send and receive email, and access information posted on the Company’s intranet; availability as needed to work on both a scheduled and call-out basis; and the ability to work at the assigned job site.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions.
Magellan Midstream Holdings GP, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
- 3 year(s): At least three years of related work experience.
- Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field