Do you have automotive or tire experience? Do you enjoy working with your hands and working in a team environment? Atlas Staffing is seeking a Alignment Mechanic for a local tire and oil shop in Boise, ID.
Perform alignments and front-end related repairs on cars, light trucks, trucks and anything in between. Responsible for delivering prompt, courteous and professional service. Must be willing to make customer satisfaction a number one priority.
Essential Job Functions (Other duties may be assigned)
- Recognize problems related to a car, light truck and truck alignment
- Properly perform required alignment adjustments and potential repairs to a vehicle's front end.
- Raise vehicles with hydraulic jack or lifts, and can use air tools and heavy hand held tools.
- Perform all tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Use all provided safety equipment such as gloves, jack stands, wheel chocks, safety glasses.
- Communicates equipment needs.
- Report all tools or equipment that need repair or that are broken.
- Report all unsafe actions, problems or abnormal situations to Service Manager or Store Manager.
- Perform daily maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Review service work orders for complete information such as required customer information, repairs performed and parts used before giving to Service Manager or office.
- Keep service area clean and organized.
- Must supply own tools: Wrenches , sockets, impact tools, SAE and Metric. Also will need same tools in larger sizes for work on commercial vehicles.
- Must be willing to help with all other tasks around the shop
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel and crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities are required by this job, which include close vision and depth perception.
- Work environment: while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions; hot and cold warehouse conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.