Amazon Fulfillment Center Warehouse AssociatePay rate: Up to $18.90
You’ll be part of the Amazon warehouse team that gets orders ready for customers relying on Amazon services. Our fast-paced, physical roles take place in a variety of areas including merch, make-on-demand, customer returns, Prime Now, and general fulfillment. You will be selecting, packing, and shipping orders – in some cases, for our super-fast (2-hour or less) delivery service.Duties & Responsibilities
- Some of your duties may include:
- Receive and put away inventory
- Get customer orders ready and pack them up
- Load boxes into trucks for shipment
- Use scanners to read bar codes on products
- View prompts on screens and follow the direction for some tasks
- Troubleshoot problems
- Ensure product meets quality requirements
- Operate power industrial trucks (PIT) such as a forklift or pallet driver, and work at heights up to 35 feet. Equipment training and certification are provided free of cost.
- You'll also need to be able to:
- Lift up to 49 pounds
- Push utility carts up to 60 pounds
- Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during shifts
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items around
- Go up and down stairs (where applicable)
- Work at a height of up to 40 feet on a mezzanine (where applicable)
- Adhere to strict safety, quality, and fulfillment production standards
What it's like at an Amazon Fulfillment Center
- Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
- Surroundings. You’ll be working around moving machines – order pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and mobile carts.
- Activity. Some activities may require standing in one place for long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. Even with climate controls, temperatures can vary between 60°F and 90°F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot days, temperatures can be over 90°F in the truck yard or inside trailers.
- Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing protection if you need it.
- Dress code. Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety. Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required. Depending on the role or location, Amazon provides a $110 Zappos gift code towards the purchase of shoes, in order to have you prepared for your first day on the job.
Why You’ll Love this Job
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Schedule options. Depending on where you work, schedules may include full-time (40 hours), reduced-time (30-36 hours) or part-time (20 hours or less), all with the option of working additional hours if needed.
- Shift flexibility. Work when it works for you. Shifts may include overnight, early morning, day, evening, and weekend. You can even have four-day workweeks, three-day weekends – and with Anytime Shifts, you can work as little as four hours per week.
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our employees and offer a variety of free training and development programs, and we also have tuition support options for select employee groups. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- New skills. Depending on the role and location, you’ll learn: how to operate a garment press and high-capacity printer, a t-shirt folding machine, how to assist with the print production process, or how to receive and process customer returns.
- Free training. Depending on the role and location, we’ll teach you how to drive power industrial trucks (PIT) such as forklifts or a pallet driver, how the printing process works, and how to work with the latest Amazon technology – including robots.
- Team environment. Work on small or large teams that support each other.
Why You'll Love Amazon
Many of our jobs come with great benefits – including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement – all in a safe and inclusive environment that’s been ranked among the best workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location, and can include the following:
- Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40 hours
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the job)
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program
Learn more about Amazon Benefits and Culturehttps://hiring.amazon.com/why-amazon/benefits#/https://hiring.amazon.com/why-amazon/culture#/Requirements:
- Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to understand and adhere to all job requirements and safety guidelines.