Are you looking to continue building your career with a great company in the manufacturing industry? Atlas Staffing is hiring Production Laborers for our reputable client in Spokane Valley!
Objective: In this position you will be responsible for assisting designated machine operator or production team in a variety of functions including, but not limited to maintenance, clean up, yard work, warehouse, production, utilities, and material handling.
Production Laborer Responsibilities:
- Handles assignments in a repetitive and/or sequential order for completing tasks assigned.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Uses security gear at all times and follows all safety regulations.
- Reports any unsafe conditions or defective equipment to the supervisor immediately
- Operates machinery or equipment as trained and instructed following safety guidelines at all times.
- Assists lead operator in preparing for shift production.
- Work closely with the lead operator and become knowledgeable of the mechanics and operation machine in which you assist.
- May be required to work with conveyors, ramps, elevators, etc. as assigned.
- May be required to operate equipment such as hoppers, bagging and sealer machines, forklift, palletizers, hydraulic equipment, powered tractors or vehicles, among other. Internal certification/training is required for these tasks.
- Operate a variety of hand tools
- Clean up to keep of machinery and maintain the surrounding area keeping them free of debris up during down time.
- Cleans machines and conveyors
- Cleans floors and picks up reusable scrap for salvage
- Transport trash and debris away from production areas
- Responsible for keeping pallets neat and orderly
Production Laborer Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Ability to follow company production and safety procedures.
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and recognize similarities and differences
- between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide 10’s and 100’s.
- Must be able to demonstrate lock out tag out procedures.
- Must keep key lock with self at all times.